Join JTC where your contribution will be valued.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Business Partner to join our team in Cape Town.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Administrator to join our growing team in Jersey. This role will manage all non-standard member recommendations including loan, distribution and pension reviews whilst delivering a bespoke service to HNW participants.
Purpose of Job
This role has HRBP responsibilities, and responsibility for policies, procedures and handbooks for South Africa, ensuring best practice and consistency, and providing expert advice on employee relations matters.
The HRBP is a designated HR contact for the SA office and supports the Director HR in SA; Group Head of HR and Managing Directors to ensure divisional goals are achieved, through effective performance management of their people. This includes building strong credible partnering relationships at a senior level, the representation of HR where appropriate, within management meetings and support/assisting with the delivery of HR strategies to support the divisional and group objectives.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
HR BUSINESS PARTNER (South Africa)
- Partner with senior management to translate business strategy into HR priorities and actionable goals. The target population for this role is to work within the ICS division in SA, working in partnership with other ICS BPs in within the Group..
- Contribute to the development of effective resource planning within the relevant division and proactively work with the other HR members in SA to manage the recruitment, resourcing and hiring process for the division to ensure that JTC recruits the best talent in the most cost effective way in adherence with mandatory recruitment and assessment requirements.
- Work in partnership with the business and Finance colleagues to set, monitor and manage the annual ICS people budget applying appropriate commercial acumen.
- Work in partnership with the business and JTC Academy to support talent acquisition, key talent identification, development, reward and succession planning processes.
- Provide assistance with delivery of ongoing business performance improvements and ensure that any HR intervention reinforces JTC’s brand, high performance culture, and commerciality.
- Develop close working relationships within the business and with Managers/Directors as required, providing advice and guidance in response to HR procedural / policy issues and developing solutions or recommendations to meet business priorities.
- Maintain a detailed awareness of regulatory requirements and group strategies to ensure that appropriate HR policies are in place and enforced.
- Provide specialist advice and guidance in relation to the interpretation and/or application of HR policies and procedures and/or statutory requirements.
- Advise and coach managers on JTC’s reward framework, policies and principles i.e. roles and levels, promotion, career pathways, and the application of our compensation and benefits strategy including shared ownership.
- Effectively manage any ER issues i.e. disciplinary, grievance procedures and dismissals to minimise internal and external reputational risk.
- Provide continuous feedback to divisional leadership as well as other areas within HR on a range of business and HR issues. (Informal v formal reporting requirements)
- Work with HR administrator to prepare monthly payroll input for the outsourced payroll provider. This includes checking calculations and data integrity as well as benefits information. Signing off on monthly payroll costs for finance.
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS (GROUP)
- Act as SME in SA Employment Legislation to ensure JTC compliance; produce a quarterly update on all future legislative changes in SA and any resulting impact.
- Provide guidance to other HR team members on employee relations matters, ensuring adherence to legislation and best practice, on areas including but not limited to discrimination, GDPR, equal opportunities, disciplinary, grievance and capability.
POLICIES, PROCEDURES & HANDBOOKS
- Ensure the HR policies, procedures and Handbooks for SA are regularly reviewed and updated at least on an annual basis or in line with legislation and best practice.
- Regular review of employment contracts to ensure legal compliance.
GENERAL HR TEAM
- Conduct exit interviews and identify and report trends or patterns to the HR Director and MD of SA.
- Research, manage and implement successful delivery of assigned HR activities, projects and tasks within agreed timelines, including activities which support the Performance and Reward cycle and Learning and Development initiatives.
- Regulatory reporting such as FASSET and Employment Equity. Working with the business on delivering BBB-EE initiatives and advice.
- Undertake assigned project work as may be required.
- Provide support during acquisitions. This may include assisting with harmonisation proposals, review of data collation, and consultation process with employees, producing documents and assisting with the on boarding of acquired employees.
- Actively contribute and be a key member of a multi jurisdictional HR team building effective working relationships to ensure procedures are accurately followed, allowing for continuity of service during busy periods or times of absence.
- Uphold the professional standards expected of an HR practitioner and act as a role model of excellence with all clients, internally and externally.
- Maintain the highest standard of confidentiality and security in terms of employee data and business information and consider the impact of GDPR on all activities undertaken.
- Maintain accuracy when handling data and ensure that the integrity of processes is maintained. Follow four eye check protocol and fully complete check lists as required, including providing assistance to other HR colleagues who need support with four eye checks.
- Contribute to the wider HR team, supporting ad hoc projects, exchanging knowledge and supporting standards of good practice.
- Developing self and maintaining knowledge in relevant field at all times.
- Consistently demonstrate JTC core values and expected behaviours.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary.
- Degree/relevant HR qualification
- Min 10 years HR experience, including having worked as an HRBP in previous roles
- Experience in financial services and in a global environment will be preferable
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and numeracy skills
- Be able to work autonomously and as part of a global team
- Be able to manage and mentor others
- Highest levels of confidentiality and integrity
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).