Join JTC where your contribution will be valued.
A challenging and exciting role for an HRBP to join our diverse and multijurisdictional HR team has arisen.
Purpose of Job
This role is the designated HR BP for our Institutional Client Services Division in Jersey, Guernsey & Edinburgh , supporting the Managing Directors and their management teams to ensure divisional goals are achieved, through effective performance management of their people.
- Hold a professional HR qualification
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Awareness of appropriate compliance
- Reliable, dependable and trustworthy
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Partner with the Managing Director and management teams to translate business strategy into HR priorities and actionable goals.
- Contribute to the development of effective workforce planning within the relevant division and proactively work with the Group Resourcing Specialists to manage the recruitment, resourcing and hiring process for the division to ensure that JTC recruits the best talent in the most cost effective way in adherence with mandatory recruitment and assessment requirements.
- Work in partnership with the business and JTC Academy to support talent acquisition, key talent identification, development, reward and succession planning processes.
- Provide assistance with delivery of ongoing business performance improvements and ensure that any HR intervention reinforces JTC’s brand, high performance culture, and commerciality.
- Develop close working relationships with Business area managers/Directors as required, providing advice and guidance to managers and business heads in response to HR matters and developing solutions or recommendations to meet business priorities.
- Maintain a detailed awareness of regulatory and offshore requirements and group strategies to ensure that appropriate HR policies are in place and enforced.
- Provide specialist advice and guidance in relation to the interpretation and/or application of HR policies and procedures and/or statutory requirements.
- Advise and coach managers on JTC’s reward framework, policies and principles i.e. roles and levels, promotion, career pathways, and the application of our compensation and benefits strategy including shared ownership.
- Effectively manage any ER issues i.e. disciplinary, grievance procedures and dismissals to minimise internal and external reputational risk.
- Ensure the HR policies, procedures and Handbooks for the relevant jurisdictions are regularly reviewed and updated at least on an annual basis or in line with legislation and best practice.
- Maintain the highest standard of confidentiality and security in terms of employee data and business information and consider the impact of GDPR on all activities undertaken.
- Maintain accuracy when handling data and ensure that the integrity of processes is maintained. Follow four eye check protocol and fully complete check lists as required, including providing assistance to other HR colleagues who need support with four eye checks.
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional accounting qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).