Join JTC where your contribution will be valued
We are a highly successful multinational business providing trust, fund and company administration services. We are currently seeking a senior and experienced Risk and Compliance professional to lead our risk and compliance function at Group level.
The successful candidate will manage and lead our global team of dedicated R&C professionals working across 20+ jurisdictions. They will provide strategic direction on risk and compliance matters to the Group’s business, including (where necessary) liaison with any of the financial service regulators governing the Group’s activities. The Group maintains an active acquisition programme in which the successful candidate will be an key participant. Unimpeachable integrity, unquestionable expertise, commercial pragmatism and strong leadership skills are all pre-requisites for this high-profile and critical role.
Purpose of job
The Group Head of Risk & Compliance (GHRC) is a senior role charged with executive management and oversight over all regulatory, risk and compliance matters across JTC’s jurisdictions. The GHRC is responsible for leading the global Risk & Compliance team, providing regulatory services and advice to JTC Group and contributing to the delivery of divisional, strategic and operational objectives set by the PLC and Group Holdings Board. The GHRC will consider and draft policies, procedures and processes for the Group as may be required, chair Group-led risk escalations and maintain the principal, executive responsibility for the delivery of a variety of regulatory, risk and compliance workstreams.
- Professional qualification (ICA Diploma or equivalent)
- Relevant expertise and comprehensive technical knowledge of corporate governance, compliance and risk management
- Solution-driven with a practical and commercial approach
- Strong leadership and management skills including planning and project management
- Excellent communication skills across all levels with strong diplomacy and negotiation proficiencies
Main responsibilities and duties
- Assume ultimate responsibility for the successful management of an extensive and varied workload, including the provision of a professional risk and compliance services to the “internal client” (i.e. employees, directors and Group directors), such services to include supporting the winning, on-boarding and subsequent dealings with external clients;
- Lead on risk and compliance matters (including making jurisdictional regulatory notifications) on JTC Group mergers and acquisitions, new service offerings and workstream initiatives;
- Work in close cooperation with the Chief Risk Officer (deputising when required) and Chief Group Counsel;
- Assume oversight of compliance monitoring functions and work closely with internal audit team to identify and manage internal operational and business risks;
- Assist in the management and monitoring of business risks across the Group and oversee specific risk functions where required, developing, enhancing and integrating related policies and procedures where appropriate;
- Oversee regulatory compliance in each of the JTC offices to ensure that each regulated office maintains robust arrangements for complying with local financial services regulations and legislation and reports any deficiencies or regulatory risks;
- Anticipate, research and monitor global and jurisdictional developments in the financial services regulatory and legal environment and assesses likely impact on the Group;
- Consider divisional reporting and prepare written reports to the CRO and/or JTC Group management Boards as appropriate;
- Provide assistance and support to MLROs and legal function in relation to suspicious or unusual transaction reporting and risk-escalated and contentious matters, including complaints and legal disputes (including where legal proceedings are threatened or issued);
- Lead on R&C matters and regulatory due diligence in special projects, such as mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, company liquidations and corporate restructuring;
- Lead, inspire and motivate the wider R&C Team to ensure an effective, efficient and harmonious working environment, promoting JTC values and supporting the Group’s unique stakeholder culture;
- Assume and carry out other duties, as may be necessary, to facilitate the effective functioning of the Group and its R&C function.
JTC is a publicly listed, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private client services to institutional and private clients. Founded in 1987, we have c.900 people working across our global network and are trusted to administer assets of c.US$130billion. The principle of making all our people owners of the business is fundamental to our culture and aligns us completely with the best interests of our clients.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).