Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our fund accounting team, focusing on alternative funds. The ideal candidate should have completed an Accounting qualification and have 3 years of articles (non CA). The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a clear interest and understanding of working in Fund Accounting.
The role holder will collate, calculate, process, investigate and check information in order to produce the accounts/ valuations of the specific Fund which JTC administers within defined deadlines and regulatory requirements.
The duties of a Fund Accountant include but are not limited to:
- Review and ensure all documentation is in place for investment purchases, sales or distributions to ensure that there is no delay in the instruction of the Investment.
- Set-up and capture all investment transactions on Investran to ensure the investments are correctly reflected within the valuation.
- Monitor and capture distributions / sales proceeds on Investran to ensure the movement are correctly reflected within the specific valuation.
- Prepare accurate quarterly (pre fair market value and post fair market value) accounts (including capital statements for investors) so that the accounts can be timely reviewed and approved.
- Prepare and perform accurate expense and accrual calculations, including management and admin fee calculations to ensure the expenses are correctly reflected with the accounts
- Prepare, monitor and capture cash movements (cash management) and investment trades to ensure accurate cash and investments movements are reflected within Investran.
- Prepare and perform weekly cash and stock reconciliations including proper investigation of all outstanding issues to ensure a timely resolution of any reconciling differences and no valuation errors occur.
- Monitor daily / monthly asset prices and their pricing sources (for corporate actions) to ensure securities are updated and valued correctly on Investran and no asset pricing errors occur within the valuation.
- Proactively investigate queries with dealers; brokers; custodians; auditors and clients to ensure a timely resolution of all queries. Where applicable to communicate and escalate potential issues in a prompt and effective manner.
- Prepare and send out all valuation e-mails to a pre-defined distribution list to ensure all parties have been timely informed of the Valuation.
- Prepare and complete all quarterly statutory returns to ensure the specific funds regulatory requirements are fulfilled.
- Prepare accurate Call / Distribution notices and send then out to a pre-defined list to ensure
- Accurately update and maintain relevant sections in the KPI spreadsheet to allow for successful tracking and reporting by the Client Solutions team.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the on line portal). Please contact Sheilagh Hall for more information if required. Applications close 30 November 2018.