Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
Purpose of job
To collate, calculate, process, investigate and check fund information in order to produce the Net Asset Values for the specific Funds which JTC administers within defined deadlines and regulatory requirements.
- A relevant tertiary qualification preferably including Accounting, Finance or Investments
- Completed SAICA/SAIPA articles
- Relevant experience in investment administration/fund accounting
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Attention to detail
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare, monitor and capture cash movements (cash management), investment trades and update transactions on the accounting system to ensure an accurate and timely delivery of the NAV.
- Prepare and perform weekly/daily cash and stock reconciliations including proper investigation of all outstanding issues to ensure a timely resolution of any reconciling differences and no NAV errors occur.
- Monitor daily/monthly asset pricing and pricing sources for corporate actions to ensure securities are updated and valued correctly on the accounting system and no asset pricing errors occur in the valuation.
- Perform and check weekly/daily expense and accrual calculations to ensure that they are reflected correctly in the Net Asset value calculation.
- Prepare and produce an accurate NAV to ensure Reviewers discover no errors on work reviewed resulting in the timely delivery of the NAV’s.
- Proactively investigate queries with dealers; brokers; custodians; auditors and clients to ensure a timely resolution of all queries. Where applicable to communicate and escalate potential issues in a prompt and effective manner.
- Understand and implement company policies and procedures; client service level agreements and internal controls to ensure compliance thereof and no Custodian or external audit findings occur as a result of them not being applied.
- Monitor and perform weekly/monthly compliance checks to ensure all scheme particulars are adhered to and no concern is raised in Compliance’s reviews and reports.
- Prepare and send out all valuation e-mails to a pre-defined distribution list to ensure all parties have been timely informed of the NAV.
- Prepare and complete all quarterly statutory returns to ensure specific funds regulatory requirements are fulfilled.
- Accurately update and maintain the relevant sections in the delivery matrix to ensure all parties are aware of what has been completed and Oversight can promptly review the NAV where required
- Monitor client mailboxes on a daily basis be resolving queries where possible or escalating where required.
- Assist supervisors during audits by providing supporting documents, reconciliations and reports to auditors where required.
- Maintain investor registers and ensure only authorized changes are made and that these are done in a timely manner.
- Subject to client approvals, respond to any investor queries that may arise.
- Prepare drawdown and distribution notices where requested from the General Partner.
- Prepare capital account statements.
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).