Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued!
Purpose of Job
You will be supporting many facets of financial accounting for our clients’ businesses and can see “behind the scenes” of how VC and PE funds work. You will translate knowledge learned from one client to another while providing fund administration, financial reporting, back-office solutions, and investor relations services to these firms
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with month-end and quarter-end closing procedures.
- Prepare accounting entries for investments and assist with fair value calculations.
- Manage capital contributions and distributions for investors in Funds.
- Generate and maintain accurate filing of accounting documents and electronic records.
- Draft financial statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Partners Capital, Cash Flows).
- Manage client open items and create agendas for meetings with client to communicate needs.
- Provide support for the accounting team.
- Interacts with clients on day-to-day matters as well as on ad-hoc queries
- Adhere to JTC core values and expected behaviours
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting is ideal; may consider minor in Accounting or candidates that have taken accounting classes (business majors for example). Masters is a plus.
- Recent Graduate or up to two years’ experience is the best fit for the opportunity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that demonstrate professionalism.
- Proactive team player with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven organizational and problem-solving abilities, as well as meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience with all Microsoft Office programs (especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Experience with QuickBooks, Investran and/or AltaReturn/AllVue is a plus.
- Able to translate and apply knowledge learned across clients and have excellent memory recall.
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).