Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
Purpose of Job
This role is to be part of a team whose role involves ensuring that INDOS fulfils its responsibilities under the depositary requirements of the Alternative Investment Fund Management Directive (AIFMD).
The Depositary Analyst is responsible for a number of client funds and carrying out reviews of those funds in a timely manner and in accordance with internal procedures
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- The primary responsibilities will be in the areas of “Cash Flow Monitoring”, “Record Keeping and Verification of Other Assets” & “Oversight”. This includes review of significant and inconsistent cash transactions, verification of asset ownership, and a range of oversight duties including ensuring compliance with the fund prospectus, review of shareholder transactions and fund valuations.
- Review fund valuations, in line with department defined timelines and procedures, to ensure they have been completed accurately and in accordance with the Regulations and the fund documentation.
- Ensure that investment restriction breaches, security pricing and fund administrator issues are identified, logged and resolved in a timely manner.
- Review shareholder trade processing and controls/procedures in the Transfer Agency unit.
- Liaise with fund administrators and investment managers to ensure queries are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure daily cashflow monitoring and record keeping of other asset duties are completed.
- Highlight significant issues to management.Work effectively within the team and show appropriate levels of initiative.
- Facilitate open communication with depositary team members and staff members to identify any potential issues/improvements.
- Assist with on-site visits to fund administrators.
- Third level or Professional Qualification (preferably Business Studies/Accounting/Finance)
- Depositary or Fund accounting experience, with exposure to a broad range of hedge funds or private equity / real estate funds is an advantage but not essential
- Excellent communication and client service skills
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and pricing / market data systems (such as Bloomberg)
- Has the ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills and a keen eye for detail
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).