Join JTC where your contribution will be valued
We have an exciting new opportunity for an Information Governance/Data Protection lead to implement, manage and support all aspects of the global data protection compliance strategy and advise on legal matters surrounding data protection/privacy.
Purpose of job
Management of JTC Group information privacy practices to ensure compliance with all obligations in relation to Data Protection Legislation and Regulation across JTC Group Offices. The initial focus of this position will be toward the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), but also be responsible for other global privacy regulations and initiatives impacting NTT Security.
- Extensive knowledge of Data Protection Legislation, Regulation and Information Risk as well as an understanding of system/security technology
- Certified in Data Protection, or Privacy Certification
- Relevant professional qualification, such as degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Business Administration, Information Security, Information Assurance, Information Systems
- Five years senior management experience in data protection, privacy, legal audit or compliance
- Deep knowledge of privacy regulations, data protection regulations, and information governance best practices
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate and influence across all business levels
Main responsibilities and duties
The Data Privacy Governance Officer will act in named role across the Group entities while providing guidance and assistance to all JTC jurisdictions, developing and maintaining robust information governance policies, systems and procedures.
Other duties include:
- Receive and assess Data Protection breaches and report to the regulator where required and liaise with relevant stakeholders. Investigate the impact on JTC, its clients and employees and recommend required actions
- Develop, implement and maintenance the organisation’s information privacy practices – globally
- Manage process and perform the appropriate tasks to fulfil requests received
- Manage process, work with the applicable stakeholders to ensure assessments are accurately completed and act as signoff authority
- Provide advice and clear guidance to the Information Security Manager to ensure the production and review of applicable Data Protection/Privacy and Information Security Policies and Standards
- Work with the business and implement a robust asset registry, including data owners, stewards, custodians and champions. Detail the roles and responsibilities and provide the necessary education and training
- Maintain the asset inventory for the group, ensuring it is regularly reviewed and kept current
- Act as director for JTC Data Services (Europe) S.a.r.l – JTC Group representative for GDPR within the EEA
- Consolidate data and monitor trends, themes and risks from CDD questionnaires; report to InfoSec, IT, Risk or Legal as appropriate
- Manage the review of blocked and questioned email traffic and investigate, escalate and/or train where necessary through our in house system Tessian –
- Fulfil the role of conduit between Risk and Compliance and Information Security to ensure transparency and consistency with the groups risk framework and methodology, appetite statements, risk scales and ratings and risk treatment plan
- Working with Legal Counsel to ensure contracts are reviewed as required and all identified data protection and data security clauses are documented
- Provide expert input and resource to InfoSec and IT projects
- Provide expert advice, guidance and information both internally and to clients and their advisors as required, acting as a subject matter expert in the area of data protection and information risk
- Adhere to JTC core values and expected behaviours
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by Management
- JTC Directors
- Group Risk & Compliance
- Group Legal
- Group IT
- Group HR
- Group Information Security
- JTC ICS and PCS operational departments
- Data Protection Authorities
- JTC’s Auditor
- Clients and their Representatives
JTC is a publicly listed, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private client services to institutional and private clients. Founded in 1987, we have c.900 people working across our global network and are trusted to administer assets of c.US$130billion. The principle of making all our people owners of the business is fundamental to our culture and aligns us completely with the best interests of our clients.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).