Join JTC where your contribution will be valued.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Client Service Director to join our team in South Africa.
Purpose of Job
Oversee the effective management of a team, ensuring a professional and comprehensive administration service delivery is provided to existing and prospective clients and in line with strategic objectives set by the Group Board. There is also a Business Development angle to the role as the person will be required (in conjunction with the MD SA) to gather new clients in the SA market and grow revenue.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Overall ownership and responsibility for a varied portfolio of clients through appropriate allocation of team members ensuring service excellence;
- Active participation with the wider Senior Management team, towards the overall management of the division in all aspects such as financial performance and risk management;
- Manage performance against agreed targets and budgets, thus ensuring the division’s budgetary and performance targets are achieved and the division’s KPIs are maintained;
- Advise and remain responsible for the complex aspects of a client’s portfolio and maintain knowledge of all the division’s clients, in order to nurture close working relationships with other associate directors, directors and employees of the Group;
- Develop, retain and enhance long term relationships with clients, their advisers, intermediaries and other introducers of work, maintaining a high level of client care;
- Grow client base by executing a marketing strategy and growing the SA client base
- Ensure appropriate corporate governance in accordance with regulatory requirements while aligning to the Group’s overall aims, business plan and long term strategy;
- Deliver and integrate initiatives to promote the achievement of optimum operational, financial and business performance;
- Inspire and motivate the division and the wider Group to sustain the Group’s unique stakeholder culture;
- Develop, coach and mentor the senior management team;
- Fulfil the function of “Client Director” or “Senior Client Director” on appropriate client entities;
- Act as an “A*” signatory (subject to approval by appropriate Board and Committee);
- Attend and lead client meetings and liaise with professional advisors to ensure the Group delivers both a proficient and value-add service;
- Active participation in business development activity; identifying new business opportunities;
- Adhere to Risk & Compliance procedures in relation to regulatory requirements and AML legislation;
- Be responsible for managing the risks associated with own portfolio of clients as well as those of the Group as a whole;
- Remain aware of the obligations for the reporting of unusual transactions and act as a guide to the division in this respect;
- Attend Exco /divisional meetings and contribute to board papers/reports as appropriate;
- Adhere to CPD requirements in accordance with qualification level and in-house procedures;
- Ensure that the spirit of JTC is engendered and shared within the Group;
- Adhere to the JTC core values and expected behaviours; and
- Any other duties as deemed necessary or defined by Management and/or Group Board.
- A qualified CA (preferred) with proven experience working within the financial services sector, specifically the area of fund accounting, for a minimum period of 10 years.
- Proven management and leadership experience developed from previous roles
- Relevant experience and understanding in alternative asset classes would be an advantage (Hedge, Private Equity, Real Estate et al) with a particular focus on funds.
- Experience working closely with senior management.
- Proven ability to build relationships through an established network.
- A high level of technical ability is expected
- Excellent communication skills
JTC is a publicly listed, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private client services to institutional and private clients. The principle of making all our people owners of the business is fundamental to our culture and aligns us completely with the best interests of our clients.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply online.