Join JTC where your contribution will be valued.
Purpose of job
The principal purpose of this Jersey based role is to fulfil the JFSC Key Person role of JTC Jersey Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO). In performing this role, the role holder will have regard to all relevant Laws, Orders, Codes, JTC Group policies, procedures and practices and act to support and protect all JTC business undertaken in Jersey. The role holder will take a lead in JTC’s financial crime compliance which includes ensuring a swift and effective detection of money laundering activity and ensuring that anti-money laundering legislation, rules and guidance are effectively embedded throughout the Jersey business.
The successful applicant should hold a relevant compliance qualification and have previously held a key person role, or be a Deputy MLRO ready to take the next step.
Strong communication and organisational skills are imperative as is the ability to work as part of a team, problem solve, prioritise, manage time effectively, be adaptable and have exceptional attention to detail.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Act as MLRO for the JTC Trust and Fund Services Businesses and for any Managed Trust Company Businesses Jersey, with direct access to the JTC Boards of Jersey licensed entities.
- In fulfilling the role described above, and having regard to JTC Group, policies and practices, the role holder will have the following responsibilities and duties for Jersey
– Ensure that all activity and transactions that are identified as potentially suspicious are thoroughly investigated, reviewed and resolved in accordance with established procedures and applicable regulations.
– Understand and have continuing knowledge of all local AML/CFT requirements to ensure that the AML/CFT program is consistent with all applicable local Laws, Orders and Codes and that the AML/CFT program is updated, as required, in light of changes to such Laws, Orders and Codes.
– Be the main point of contact between the business and Jersey’s Joint Financial Crimes Unit (JFCU), cultivating a positive working relationship
– Manage collation of information and responses to requests for intelligence from the JFCU
– Manage collation of information and responses to Production Orders and TIEAs (as appropriate)
– Deliver AML/CFT inductions and training to new starters in Jersey
– Provide input for Group AML training and support the delivery of AML/CFT training as appropriate
– Provide support and routinely monitor the Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer (DMLRO) to ensure appropriate handling of SARs and consistency of approach
– Provide statistical, trend and informational reports to senior management and relevant JTC Boards of Directors in relation to financial crime matters including the efficacy of JTC’s systems and controls relating to AML/CTF
- Manage and maintain matters relating to financial crime compliance for JTC in Jersey supporting and protecting the business against financial crime activity and related reputational risk ensuring the needs of all stakeholders are met
- Develops self, and ensure knowledge in relevant field at all times.
- Adhere to the JTC core values and expected behaviours
- Adhere to Risk & Compliance procedures in relation to regulatory requirements and AML legislation;
- Committee Memberships:
– Jersey Risk Committee
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).