Join JTC where your contribution will be valued.
We are a highly successful multinational providing trust, fund and company administration services and are now seeking an experienced Risk and Compliance professional to lead our ICS risk and compliance function at senior level.
Purpose of job
The successful candidate will make a significant contribution to the division, holding responsibility and autonomy for working within the ICS Risk and Compliance team in Jersey acting as the Compliance Officer, Money Laundering Compliance Officer and Money Laundering Reporting Officer for regulated funds, JPFs and Fintech Schedule 2 businesses. Leading the team, providing coaching, mentoring and training and supporting the client Board of Directors in ensuring that regulatory requirements are met.
- Professional qualification (ICA Diploma or equivalent)
- Relevant expertise and comprehensive technical knowledge of corporate governance, compliance and risk management
- Solution driven with a practical and commercial approach
- Strong leadership and management skills including planning and project management
- Excellent communication skills across all levels with strong diplomacy and negotiation proficiencies
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Act where appropriate as primary client relationship lead for Risk & Compliance, responsible for attendance and presentations at client board meetings; provision of regulatory guidance to clients; liaising with auditors and other service providers; supervising funds compliance monitoring; funds new business reviews; production of MI and reports; maintenance of policies and procedures; review of marketing materials.
- Act a Key Person for regulated fund services businesses, funds, and Jersey Private Funds.
- Potentially act as Key Person in relation to fintech clients and oversee projects and training relating to JTC fintech regulatory incubation services
- Be a point of contact between client entities and the regulator
- Advise the business on ongoing funds and fintech developments
- In conjunction with Risk & Compliance Director, review and sign off new business from an AML / Risk / Compliance perspective
- Responsible for ongoing effective compliance/transactional monitoring in accordance with regulatory and business requirements for client entities
- Manage and mitigate risk through an independent programme of thematic reviews and quality assurance checking
- Employ a range of investigative techniques including file reviews, desk-based analysis and in depth interviewing
- Ensure accurate schedules of findings and key review documentation is maintained.
- Produce reporting in regard to key review outputs e.g. review reports and participating fully in the identification and assessment of risk, to help set JTC’s risk appetite
- Carry out analysis within set parameters and produce reports, summarising trends and key messages for internal and external stakeholders advising stakeholders of necessary action to ensure compliance
- Identify and implement any amendments to policies and procedures liaising with clients and the Risk & Compliance leadership
- Provide advice and guidance to the business in relation to risk, compliance and AML issues
- Assist with embedding a positive compliance culture within the business, through close personal engagements
- Remain aware of the obligations for the reporting of unusual transactions externally
- Adhere to Risk & Associate Compliance procedures in relation to regulatory requirements and AML legislation
- Adhere to CPD requirements in accordance with qualification level and in-house procedures
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).