JTC is experiencing significant growth in the United States and growing our Client Services team as well!
Purpose of Job
This position performs as an Associate Director. Responsible for managing one or more groups within Clients Services and also in establishing practices & policies and management reporting.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for leadership activities for one or more groups in the Client Service area
- Has cross-functional direct or indirect people management responsibilities
- Influences decisions that have impact on company revenues and assets
- Decisions typically require signing authority on transactions and authority to bind and commit JTC contractually and legally
- Responsible for managing personnel, including training, performance, and salary reviews recommendations, as well as hiring and staff recommendations
- Involved in establishing practices and policies within the Client Service area and for assisting team with management of a significant portion of client relationships
- Has broad scope of decision-making ability which affect the relationships being managed
- Functions as a lead contributor with advanced knowledge of area of specialization
- May attend trade shows & industry educational conferences. May join, attend, and participate in affiliate organizations necessary to build rapport with ancillary professionals to strengthen Company’s market presence which ultimately leads to increased transactions
- Conduct initial 1031 consultation with Exchanger to confirm specifics and qualify likeliness of exchange, process & open new exchange account, development of overall strategies for the client relationship which require cross functional support
- Ability to negotiate certain forward and reverse documentation revisions proposed by clients and/or their representative
- Have thorough and working comprehension of safe harbor rules under IRC Section 1031 and Rev. Proc 2000-37; and take initiatives to identify and troubleshoot problem areas and know when to refer to general counsel for assistance
- Effective communication & responsive to potential “red” flags that may arise during exchange period. Proactively keeps abreast of industry updates. Supports and adheres to company policies and procedures. Responsible for oversight of process of establishing and maintaining the various SPEs in accordance with company policies and procedures, including registration of various SPEs as required by various jurisdictions
Trust & Escrows
- Communicate and maintain relationships with Trust and Escrow clients.
- Ensure Trust and Escrow clients are properly administered
- Ability to create procedures specific to Trust and Escrow clients
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with processing like kind exchanges under Internal Revenue Code Section 1031 and Revenue Procedure 2003-37
- Minimum of 5 years of client service experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in management of 3 or more employees
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Must possess the ability to focus on accountability, action and outcomes to ensure solutions meet and/or exceed client needs; ability to build and contribute to high performing teams by the development of self and others
- Demonstrate technical, professional and organizational expertise and continuously strive to grow and maintain this knowledge
- Ability to proactively respond and adapt to change on a personal and professional level
- Support and influence strategies to support business transformations and enhancements to current practices
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Works with little to no supervision
- Ability to handle varied levels/complexities of client contacts and issues
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to identify and understand client needs and proactively present issues of concern that impact the client to management
- Ability to mentor/educate staff on developments relating to the business and the corresponding implications
- Uses professional concepts
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to resolve a variety of issues
- Applies company policies and procedures
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).