Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
Purpose of Job
JTC Group Tax is a global team of highly qualified and experienced in-house tax professionals, with technical knowledge and industry experience to ensure we meet the highest expectations of our clients.
Group Tax is responsible for assisting the business in delivering robust solutions ensuring clients do not fall foul of regulations and provides tax compliance services to its clients across the jurisdictions where JTC operates.
This successful candidate will provide, implement and operate a comprehensive tax compliance service that meets the needs of JTC clients. This will include the preparation, submission and agreement of tax returns and the provision of all related ancillary services to ensure client tax compliance
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in the operation of the Tax department through the diarising, checking, delegating and controlling of workloads, ensuring a professional service is provided to clients (internal and external) and intermediaries
- Assist in the review of new Tax legislation and implementation of any changes relevant for JTC clients, and assisting in the drafting of policies and procedures for JTC Group
- Responsible for the preparation of client tax returns to the appropriate tax jurisdiction (UK and Jersey) in accordance with the requirements of each jurisdiction; review returns for completeness and accuracy, evaluate the tax impact of current or proposed activities, transactions, policies or procedures
- Ensure the spirit of JTC is engendered and shared within the Group
- Retention of existing clients: provide a value added service and a high standard of client care
- Promote within the business the range of services available from a tax perspective and where possible identify new business opportunities
Tax – Direct and Indirect
- Keep up to date with changes in tax legislation that may affect our client’s tax compliance obligations
- Update clients, via appropriate administrator, of their tax position and other tax matters of interest
- Prepare computations on tax liabilities for clients
- Responsible for the preparation submission of client tax returns
- Ensure administrators are aware of the appropriate amount of money required for their client’s to make tax payments and that these amounts are paid at the right time
- Manage all associated tax administration, including but not limited to, the reviewing of tax statements, notices and correspondence from tax jurisdictions and HMRC
- Provide guidance, training and support to colleagues within the Group from a tax perspective
- When required to work on a new business enquiry, ensure all forms of communication are dealt with within an acceptable timeframe, and that resources and services provided by the Group are fully explained and promoted
- Attend and participate at client meetings, either on or off site.
Self-Management & Staff Development
- Awareness and adherence to contractual and statutory obligations under the Group’s policies, procedures and guidelines, including the Group’s core values and expected behaviours, acting as a guide in this respect to more junior members of the team
- Remain aware of the obligations for the reporting of unusual transactions and act as a guide in this respect
- Check, maintain and ensure accuracy of central diary system to ensure that all deadlines are recorded and subsequently met
- Adhere to CPD requirements in accordance with qualification level and in-house procedures
- Develop self and ensure knowledge in relevant field at all times
- Develop an ability to inspire and motivate employees within the Group to sustain the Group’s unique stakeholder culture
- Adhere to the Group’s core values and expected behaviours
- Undertake various ad-hoc tax related projects and produce associated reporting as and when required
- Qualified Accountant / Tax Professional
- Competence in Microsoft Excel
- Manage workloads and meet strict deadlines
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).