Join JTC where your contribution will be valued
Are you ready for a new challenge?
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Manager to join our Risk & Compliance team to further enhance our strong compliance culture. We can provide you with a dynamic environment to expand and develop your current skills and experience and support your professional development.
Purpose of job
To act as a member of Jersey Risk and Compliance Team supporting the provision of a proactive risk and control advisory and administrative service to the highest standard across all business functions.
The successful candidates will be an enthusiastic team player who can demonstrate the following:
- A relevant AML/Compliance professional qualification (ICA Certificate/Diploma) is desirable
- 3-5 years relevant experience in an AML/compliance role
- Knowledge of AML/CFT legislation and regulatory requirements
- Understanding of risk factors and escalation
- Strong administrative, analytical and reporting skills
- Good organising and planning skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Experience in coaching and developing team members
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Review of new business to ensure regulatory and AML requirements are met and relevant policies and procedures followed for presentation at Business Acceptance Meetings
- Reviewing and processing of CDD/KYC across the business providing guidance on deficiencies and procedural requirements
- Client screening checks
- Assisting the Associate Director in the provision of CO/MLCO/MLRO duties and responsibilities
- Policy & procedure advisory focus across all divisions
- Providing advice and guidance to the business in relation to risk, compliance and AML issues. Review / approval in relation to introducer certificates / bank account opening forms / written assurance forms
- Assisting with the review of new laws, rules and regulatory requirements and in conjunction with the wider R&C team, liaising with local management and advising the Board about impact and ensuring JTC meets all relevant requirements and operates good practice at all times
- Production of management information in a timely manner
- Assisting with 3rd party vendor ‘obliged persons’ visits
- Ad-hoc Risk & Compliance projects
- Supervision, training, coaching and development of team members providing direction and guidance
- Adherence to Risk & Compliance procedures in relation to regulatory requirements and AML/CFT legislation
- Promoting awareness of regulatory principles and requirements on a day to day basis
- Adherence to CPD requirements in accordance with regulatory requirements and in-house procedures
- Adhering to JTC core values and expected behaviours
JTC is a publicly listed, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private client services to institutional and private clients. Founded in 1987, we have c.900 people working across our global network and are trusted to administer assets of c.US$130billion. The principle of making all our people owners of the business is fundamental to our culture and aligns us completely with the best interests of our clients.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).