Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
Purpose of Job
The Assistant Manager will be a primary contact to ensure that relevant internal control and regulatory requirements are followed with regards to the on boarding and trigger event changes to investors of collective investment scheme investors and on behalf of collective investment scheme and their Investment Managers. The key areas of work, which are not limited to are;
- Focusing on, CDD and standard generic business processes, and performing reviews of activities conducted; and
- Working with and providing support to the JTC Senior Management team within Transfer Agency and Funds department.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Review investor AML / CDD risks to the collective investment schemes and review appropriate documents from connected / linked parties e.g. ultimate beneficial owners, beneficiaries, controlling parties and authorised representatives.
- Perform checks and provide guidance relating to Complex Corporate structures from either periodic reviews or BAU trigger events
- Conduct remediation projects around ID&V and SOF where there are known deficiencies on the register
- To effectively plan the way services are delivered to ensure quality services and meeting the expectations of the customer (internal and external stakeholders)
- To continuously review processes and practices relating to the role and act as a catalyst for change and improvement in individual and team performance
- Ensure that screening of client databases are undertaken within World Check and that any positive or possible matches are escalated and consider settings in system as being accurate and fit for purpose
- Contribute to monthly MI for Board reporting relating to AML Referral team activities
Contribute to process improvement including updating checklists, procedures and controls.
To comply with regulatory regimes in which JTC operates, with particular consideration given to relevant Data Protection and Financial Crime regulations as appropriate to the role
- Build relationships within the different jurisdictions and especially with the Risk and
- Compliance Teams providing analysis of MI and discussing any high risk situations with them
- Adherence to all relevant regulatory requirements and ownership of associated reporting.
- People management of a small team of Senior Administrators – lead and participate in the support, training and development of all personnel across the team and generate a culture of teamwork.
- To communicate and promote the values which reinforce and support a consistent quality culture
- Adhere to all JTC procedures in relation to regulatory requirements and AML, ABAC, financial crime and terrorist financing legislation.
- Adhere to JTC core values and expected behaviours;
- To carry out any other activities which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed
- Other ad hoc duties when required and as deemed necessary by Management
- Team colleagues both in home jurisdiction and other jurisdictions as required
- All ICS Directors
- Group Operations Division
- Risk and Compliance
- Own and team clients
- Other industry professionals
- External auditors for own and team clients
- Strong knowledge of AML regulations and requirements.
- 5+ years of funds industry experience directly working in fund operations/administration
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in a management role.
- Excellent communication and client service skills, strong client focus gained in a similar environment
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Flexible approach to work
- High level of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to review and resolve issues
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).