Join JTC where your contribution will be valued.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accounts Officer to join our team in Mauritius.
Purpose of job
The role holder will be responsible to maintain accounting records for companies with accurate and timely processing of accounting and bookkeeping services.
- Currently completing the Professional level of a relevant qualification (ACCA / ACA);
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a global corporate environment;
- Good knowledge of NAV computation for mutual / hedge funds, as well as instruments such as futures, options and derivatives;
- Excellent communication, team work and organisational skills with an enthusiastic approach
Main responsibilities and duties
- Maintenance of bookkeeping and accounting records for a portfolio of clients consisting of mainly funds
- Computation and review of NAV for Mutual / Hedge Funds on a weekly and monthly basis
- Familiar in dealing with different type of instruments such as futures, options and derivatives
- Attend to audit queries and liaise with auditors to ensure finalisation of audit within relevant deadlines
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts
- Ensure tax filing and tax compliance for portfolio of clients
- Responsible for more complex accounts involving consolidation of group of companies, equity accounting for associates and several loan notes and investments
- Handle tax inquiries, schedule meetings with tax advisors/clients/ intermediaries, attend phone calls and subsequent follow-ups
- Provide support to junior team members and the Senior Manager as and when required
We are JTC, a publicly listed, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private wealth services to institutional and private clients. Established in 1987, we have over 900 people in offices in multiple jurisdictions across six continents. With a culture that strongly focuses on the development of our employees, we value our employees’ commitment to their career and support them in pursuing professional qualifications and ongoing learning opportunities.
If you would like to join team JTC, please apply on line.