Join JTC where your contribution will be valued.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Client Accountant to join our team in Mauritius.
Purpose of job
The role holder will be responsible for the maintenance of bookkeeping and assisting in the accounting for a portfolio of clients, regularly liaising with our offices in other jurisdictions.
- Holder of University degree in a relevant discipline but ideally currently studying relevant professional qualification (eg. ACCA);
- At least 1 year of experience in a corporate global environment;
- Excellent communication, team work and organisational skills.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in preparation of timely financial statements in accordance with IFRS and applicable accounting standards;
- Maintenance of bookkeeping and accounting for a portfolio of clients;
- Assist in the review of client accounts and preparation of management information reports within set deadlines;
- Maintain and update the list of properties held by client entities per jurisdiction;
- Ensuring tax filing and tax compliance for the portfolio of clients;
- Assist in responding to audit queries and liaising with auditors and ensuring finalisation of audit within relevant deadlines;
- Assist in handling tax inquiries, schedule meetings with tax advisors/clients/ intermediaries, attend phone calls and subsequent follow-ups
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).