Join JTC where your contribution will be valued.
Due to growth of the London office an exciting opportunity has arisen within our Corporate Governance & Company Secretary Team based in London for a trainee company secretary. This role would be ideal for someone seeking their first administration role and who would like to embark on a career as a Trainee Company Secretary.
Purpose of job
The successful candidate will provide Company Secretarial and general administrative support to the London office and assist with administering a varied client portfolio, under line management supervision. This role holder will develop a clear understanding of the client’s portfolio, including risk awareness, relationship management and contractual and statutory obligations.
They will also act as a first reviewer of statutory documents and other documentation and prepare them for signature, following internal JTC processes.
The role will require the individual to develop an understanding of company and fund structures and develop an understanding of the principles of corporate governance and compliance and apply these principles as transactions arise.
- Proactive self-starter
- High level of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organisation
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with multiple priorities
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Degree 2:1, or equivalent, is desirable
Main responsibilities and duties
- Administrative support to the London Corporate Governance Team
- Board meeting preparation including collation and production of board packs including the use of electronic board portals
- Attendance at board and committee meetings with administrative responsibilities
- Assisting and supporting the Annual General Meeting process
- Maintaining the records for the committees and boards
- Drafting and releasing of stock exchange announcements
- Complete Banking Administration duties which include account opening procedures
- Updating and maintaining board meeting calendars and schedules
- Assisting with the preparation of statutory filings and statutory record management.
- Client KYC and AML procedures
- All administrative matters in relation to ensuring good record keeping management.
- Any other ad hoc tasks required to support the team
- With guidance, you will carry out your duties in a professional manner and in accordance with policies and procedures, legal/regulatory requirements, service levels and company standards to meet with business expectations, with the support of other members of the team, when required.
- Remain aware of the obligations for the reporting of unusual transactions and act as a guide to the Department in this respect
- Adhere to Risk & Associate Compliance procedures in relation to regulatory requirements and AML legislation.
We are JTC, a publicly listed, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private wealth services to institutional and private clients. Established in 1987, we now have c.900 people working across our global network and are trusted to administer assets of c.US$130 billion. The principle of making all our people owners of the business is fundamental to our culture and aligns us completely with the best interests of our clients.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).