Join Team JTC where your contribution will be valued.
Purpose of Job
Ensure that all corporate processes and procedures comply with the laws, regulations, and circulars applicable to the Company and ensure the Company operations comply with internal standards.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Be the appointed Compliance Officer and the AML/CFT-Compliance Officer of the Company;
- Assist with the new business take on process from a KYC perspective including but not limited to:
- Providing guidance to the local client facing team members on due diligence requirements
- Reviewing KYC received for compliance with JTC and legal requirements
- Assisting with World Check and other searches to support the take on process
- Making recommendations to the Business Acceptance Committee with regard to the acceptance or decline of new business
- Implement compliance processes, policies and guidelines and promote awareness of regulatory principles and requirements on a day to day basis, acting as a guide in this respect to more junior members of the team;
- Carry out various risk analyses within set parameters and produce reports, summarising trends and key messages for the Conducting Officers and Board of the Company and client entities where relevant, advising stakeholders of necessary action to ensure compliance;
- Assist with identifying and implementing any amendments to policies and procedures and liaising with the Conducting Officers;
- Maintain accurate and up to date records ensuring all statutory obligations are complied with;
- Deal with any complaints and/or claims in accordance with prevailing regulations;
- Maintain various registers such as but not limited to personal transactions, conflicts of interests, gifts and entertainments etc.;
- Review of the AML Batchlist to keep it up-to-date;
- Implement and maintain, in cooperation with the Conducting Officer in charge of Compliance, a Manual of Procedures which is shared with all employees and which is approved in line with prevailing regulations;
- Be responsible for analyzing, assessing and managing the risks associated with the clients as well as that of the Company, and where relevant, the local JTC Group’s business as a whole;
- Ensure good corporate governance in accordance with regulatory requirements while aligning to the Company’s overall aims, business plan and long term strategy;
- Assess the AML/CFT nature of assets invested through the funds managed by the company;
- Perform the oversight of functions delegated by the Company in the area of AML/CFT due diligence and control, assessing – when appropriate and on an ad hoc basis – the AML checks performed by the company’s delegates;
- Identify potential compliance gaps/issues and think about way outs;
- Be one of the contact point of the local regulator and FIU;
- Bachelor or Master degree in Law, Economics or Finance or in a similar field;
- 3-4 years professional experience in a Compliance related function in Luxembourg;
- Be eligible to be appointed as Compliance Officer of the Company (subject to CSSF approval);
- Good knowledge of AML laws and regulations applicable in Luxembourg;
- Fluent in English; French and any additional language would be considered as an asset;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office package;
- Ability to work in team and ensuring cooperation with other department;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Structured, precise and details oriented.
JTC is a publicly listed, global professional services business with deep expertise in fund, corporate and private client services. Every JTC person is an owner of the business and this fundamental part of our culture aligns us with the best interests of all of our stakeholders. Our purpose is to maximise potential and our success is built on service excellence, long-term relationships and technology capabilities that drive efficiency and add value.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply on line (applications will only be accepted if made through the online portal).