Join JTC where your contribution will be valued.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Accountant to join our team in Mauritius.
Purpose of Job
To account for the relevant Corporate entity or Fund structure within the defined deadlines and regulatory requirements. It is an accounting focused role and entails the bookkeeping and account preparation for corporate structures and/or funds.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare, monitor and capture cash movements (cash management), investment trades and update transactions on the accounting system to ensure an accurate and timely delivery of the NAV/management accounts.
- Prepare and perform weekly/daily cash and stock reconciliations including proper investigation of all outstanding issues to ensure a timely resolution of any reconciling differences and no NAV errors occur.
- Monitor daily/monthly asset pricing and pricing sources for corporate actions to ensure securities are updated and valued correctly on the accounting system and no asset pricing errors occur in the valuation.
- Perform and check weekly/daily expense and accrual calculations to ensure that they are reflected correctly in the Net Asset value calculation.
- Prepare and produce an accurate NAV to ensure Reviewers discover no errors on work reviewed resulting in the timely delivery of the NAV’s/management accounts.
- Proactively investigate queries with dealers, brokers, custodians, auditors and clients to ensure a timely resolution of all queries, and where applicable to communicate and escalate potential issues in a prompt and effective manner.
- Understand and implement company policies and procedures, client service level agreements and internal controls to ensure compliance thereof and no Custodian or external audit findings occur as a result of them not being applied.
- Monitor and perform weekly/monthly compliance checks to ensure all scheme particulars are adhered to and no concern is raised in Compliance’s reviews and reports.
- Prepare and send out all valuation e-mails to a pre-defined distribution list to ensure all parties have been timely informed of the NAV.
- Prepare and complete all quarterly statutory returns to ensure specific funds regulatory requirements are fulfilled. Accurately update and maintain the relevant sections in the delivery matrix to ensure all parties are aware of what has been completed and Oversight can promptly review the NAV where required.
- Monitor client mailboxes on a daily basis to resolve queries where possible or escalate where required.
- Assist supervisors during audits by providing supporting documents, reconciliations and reports to auditors where required.
- Maintain investor registers and ensure only authorized changes are made and that these are done in a timely manner.
- Subject to client approvals, respond to any investor queries that may arise.
- Prepare drawdown and distribution notices where requested from the General Partner.
- Prepare capital account statements.
- Produce financial statements in accordance with the JTC policies and procedures accurately with the regulatory deadlines and the deadlines agreed with the client.
- To manage the client audit process according to an agreed timeline to ensure all parties are delivering as agreed and the manager is informed of any obstacles and/or delays.
- Quickly and diligently address client queries and questions to ensure resolution thereof and to establish and maintain a good working relationship with client
- At least currently studying towards a University degree in a relevant discipline including Accounting, Finance and Investments
- Relevant experience in a similar role in financial services would be considered
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Good technical knowledge of accounting standards (e.g. IFRS)
- High level of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Works well under pressure
- Strong problem solving abilities
JTC is a publicly listed, award-winning provider of fund, corporate and private client services to institutional and private clients. The principle of making all our people owners of the business is fundamental to our culture and aligns us completely with the best interests of our clients.
JTC’s culture places a strong focus on the development of its employees. We value our employees’ commitment to their career and encourage and support you if you wish to pursue a professional qualification as well as providing ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Academy and Gateway programmes. Our vision for the future is driven by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
If you would like to join team JTC, where everyone is dedicated to continuously delivering a service beyond our clients’ expectations, please apply online.